10% of Interaction Determines 100% of the Experience
Although only 10% of my time in the hospital was spent interacting with her, her exceptional service overshadowed the rude people I experienced during the other 90% of my visit. When I left, I thought "That was pleasant" - not something I usually think when I leave the hospital.
That 10% of my interaction time determined 100% of my customer experience.
In a Black and White World, Colors Pop
Objective evaluations of my hospital experience would yield low scores, but customer experience isn't objective, customer experience is subjective, and it is subject to your level of service. The experience is in the eye of the customer, it's personal, it's emotional and dramatic and can be largely influenced by how the customer's day has been going.
It's illogical to think that 10% can be 100%, but experience is typically devoid of logic, experience is in the moment, experience is the feeling. Most businesses miss the potential of that beautiful 10%.
"In a world full of poor customer service, one exceptional interaction makes the lasting impact."
Treat Each Client like Your Only Client
If you deal with 100 customers per day, treat customer #88 like they are customer #1. Do this for every client you serve and you will see a difference in how they interact with you and your business. Let us remember that the best businesses are those that aim to serve customers instead of merely profit from them. I challenge you to start providing an exceptional experience to every customer you serve today.